The Information Management Unit (UGI) provides support to the clinical departments and management of the Institut Bordet.
The UGI carries out 4 particular missions:
- An epidemiology mission – by developing, managing and operating the hospital Cancer Register and by incorporating into it data from multidisciplinary oncological consultations. In so doing it contributes actively to the Belgian Cancer Register and makes the hospital Cancer Register available as a research support and care quality evaluation tool.
- An analysis and reporting mission in relation to the Institut’s activities, in particular by developing and maintaining a data warehouse.
- An oncological clinical research mission in terms of methodology and statistics (single-centre and multicentre research, centralised at the Institut Bordet and elsewhere).
- A website maintenance mission for the Institut Bordet.
The UGI’s activities are centred on data management: research data, activity-related data and also financial data. To fulfil this role, the unit operates a methodological support system (design, choice of objectives, protocol drafting, statistical validity, CRF design, verification, data management and analysis, monitoring, intermediate analyses, drafting of reports, dashboard creation, etc).
The Unit develops and maintains the Institut Bordet Cancer Register and data warehouse, as well extracting data for management, health professionals and researchers wishing to conduct retrospective clinical research, to develop quality indicators or evaluate routine clinical activity. Maintaining this structured database also enables the Unit to fulfil its obligations towards the Belgian Cancer Register.
When required, the UGI also creates and develops specific databases.
The Unit works as part of a number of local, national and international collaborations and is an active member of different research associations. It also participates on the monitoring committees of independent clinical trials.
The UGI participates in a range of ad hoc training activities:
- the GOLF pulmonary cancer course;
- the ULB evidence-based medicine course;
- the thoracic oncology annual Journées event;
- ad hoc symposiums for oncologists visiting the Institut Bordet.
The UGI also supervises the final theses of many students in their last year of medicine or who are completing their specialism.
The UGI collaborates on many research projects at the request of the Institut Bordet clinical departments and of multicentre groups. It also develops its own projects, including:
Marianne Paesmans, director (actuary)
Lieveke Ameye, statistician
Sylvie Berckmans, data manager
Alain Barbason, analyst data warehouse
Laurent Dubreucq, data manager
Audrey Duinslaeger, data manager
Aline Kayumba, data manager
Laetitia Martins, data manager
Michel Moreau, epidemiologist
Bernard Schenk, data warehouse officer
Louise Vanderweerden, webmaster and secretariat
Reactive stroma and trastuzumab resistance in HER2-positive early breast cancer.
Authors : Sonnenblick A, Salmon-Divon M, Salgado R, Dvash E, Pondé N, Zahavi T, Salmon A, Loibl S, Denkert C, Joensuu H, Ameye L, Van den Eynden G, Kellokumpu-Lehtinen PL, Azaria A, Loi S, Michiels S, Richard F, Sotiriou C
Year : 2020
Journal : Int J Cancer
CTCs as a prognostic and predictive biomarker for stage II/III Colon Cancer: a companion study to the PePiTA trial.
Authors : Rothé F, Maetens M, Rouas G, Paesmans M, Van den Eynde M, Van Laethem JL, Vergauwe P, Deboever G, Bareche Y, Vandeputte C, Ignatiadis M, Hendlisz A
Year : 2019
Journal : BMC Cancer
Volume : 19
Pages : 304
PRODIGE 7 should be interpreted with caution.
Authors : Liberale G, Ameye L, Hendlisz A
Year : 2019
Journal : Acta Chir Belg
Volume : 119
Pages : 263-266
Personalised radioembolization improves outcomes in refractory intra-hepatic cholangiocarcinoma: a multicenter study.
Authors : Levillain H, Duran Derijckere I, Ameye L, Guiot T, Braat A, Meyer C, Vanderlinden B, Reynaert N, Hendlisz A, Lam M, Deroose CM, Ahmadzadehfar H, Flamen P
Year : 2019
Journal : Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging
Volume : 46
Pages : 2270-2279
Tumor infiltrating B-cells signal functional humoral immune responses in breast cancer.
Authors : Garaud S, Buisseret L, Solinas C, Gu-Trantien C, de Wind A, Van den Eynden G, Naveaux C, Lodewyckx JN, Boisson A, Duvillier H, Craciun L, Ameye L, Veys I, Paesmans M, Larsimont D, Piccart-Gebhart M, Willard-Gallo K
Year : 2019
Journal : JCI Insight
Volume : 5