The Information Management Unit (UGI) provides support to the clinical departments and management of the Institut Bordet.
The UGI carries out 4 particular missions:
- An epidemiology mission – by developing, managing and operating the hospital Cancer Register and by incorporating into it data from multidisciplinary oncological consultations. In so doing it contributes actively to the Belgian Cancer Register and makes the hospital Cancer Register available as a research support and care quality evaluation tool.
- An analysis and reporting mission in relation to the Institut’s activities, in particular by developing and maintaining a data warehouse.
- An oncological clinical research mission in terms of methodology and statistics (single-centre and multicentre research, centralised at the Institut Bordet and elsewhere).
- A website maintenance mission for the Institut Bordet.
The UGI’s activities are centred on data management: research data, activity-related data and also financial data. To fulfil this role, the unit operates a methodological support system (design, choice of objectives, protocol drafting, statistical validity, CRF design, verification, data management and analysis, monitoring, intermediate analyses, drafting of reports, dashboard creation, etc).
The Unit develops and maintains the Institut Bordet Cancer Register and data warehouse, as well extracting data for management, health professionals and researchers wishing to conduct retrospective clinical research, to develop quality indicators or evaluate routine clinical activity. Maintaining this structured database also enables the Unit to fulfil its obligations towards the Belgian Cancer Register.
When required, the UGI also creates and develops specific databases.
The Unit works as part of a number of local, national and international collaborations and is an active member of different research associations. It also participates on the monitoring committees of independent clinical trials.
The UGI participates in a range of ad hoc training activities:
- the GOLF pulmonary cancer course;
- the ULB evidence-based medicine course;
- the thoracic oncology annual Journées event;
- ad hoc symposiums for oncologists visiting the Institut Bordet.
The UGI also supervises the final theses of many students in their last year of medicine or who are completing their specialism.
The UGI collaborates on many research projects at the request of the Institut Bordet clinical departments and of multicentre groups. It also develops its own projects, including:
Marianne Paesmans, director (actuary)
Lieveke Ameye, statistician
Sylvie Berckmans, data manager
Alain Barbason, analyst data warehouse
Laurent Dubreucq, data manager
Audrey Duinslaeger, data manager
Celine Hubeau, data manager
Aline Kayumba, data manager
Paulus Kristanto, statistician
Laetitia Martins, data manager
Michel Moreau, epidemiologist
Caroline Rasson, data manager
Bernard Schenk, data warehouse officer
Louise Vanderweerden, webmaster and secretariat
Discriminating value of HR-pQCT for fractures in women with similar FRAX scores: A substudy of the FRISBEE cohort.
Authors : Cappelle SI, Moreau M, Karmali R, Iconaru L, Baleanu F, Kinnard V, Paesmans M, Rozenberg S, Rubinstein M, Surquin M, Blard PH, Chapurlat R, Body JJ, Bergmann P
Year : 2021
Journal : Bone
Volume : 143
Pages : 115613
Meta-Analysis on Induction Chemotherapy in Locally Advanced Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma.
Authors : Mané M, Benkhaled S, Dragan T, Paesmans M, Beauvois S, Lalami Y, Szturz P, Gaye PM, Vermorken JB, Van Gestel D
Year : 2021
Journal : Oncologist
Volume : 26
Pages : e130-e141
Absence of residual fluorescence in the surgical bed at near-infrared fluorescence imaging predicts negative margins at final pathology in patients treated with breast-conserving surgery for breast cancer.
Authors : Pop FC, Veys I, Vankerckhove S, Barbieux R, Chintinne M, Moreau M, Donckier V, Larsimont D, Bourgeois P, Liberale G
Year : 2021
Journal : Eur J Surg Oncol
Volume : 47
Pages : 269-275
Drug-related problems and risk factors related to unplanned hospital readmission among cancer patients in Belgium.
Authors : Koubaity M, Lechon AS, Amighi K, Van Nuffelen M, Moreau M, Meert AP, De Vriese C
Year : 2021
Journal : Support Care Cancer
Volume : 29
Pages : 3911-3919
Sepsis and Septic Shock Definitions in Patients With Cancer Admitted in ICU.
Authors : Nathan N, Sculier JP, Ameye L, Paesmans M, Grigoriu B, Meert AP
Year : 2021
Journal : J Intensive Care Med
Volume : 36
Pages : 255-261