The Jules Bordet Institute’s pharmacy fulfils a number of roles:
- Supplying the care units with medicines and medical devices while ensuring that the professional and legal standards for the use of pharmaceutical products are respected.
- The production of sterile preparations of anti-cancer treatment for injection while guaranteeing their quality and safety.
- Supplying outpatients with anticancer treatment that is “reserved for hospital use” on the basis of a prescription during the Pharmacy opening hours (see opening hours above).
- Providing information and advice on the correct use of medicines.
The Pharmacy helps improve the quality of the circuit and the correct use of medicines through its various missions:
- The provision of pharmaceutical care: multidisciplinary cooperation with care providers and the commitment of pharmacists to clinical activities focused on the patient.
- The implementation of provisions and procedures to ensure the quality of pharmaceutical care in accordance with professional and legal requirements.
- Follow up of processes and activities via indicators and dashboards that contribute to an improved economy, effectiveness and safety in the use of medicines.
The pharmacy has internship supervision and approvals for the following internships:
- Pharmaceutical sciences: pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, clinical pharmacy internships; final year thesis accompaniment
- Hospital pharmacy: approval for all training modules
- Assistant in pharmacy: pharmacy internship and year seven
The Pharmacy has a team of about 40 persons. It is subdivided into 4 departments
Head of department : Christine Danguy
- Pharmaceutical oncology care
- Laurence Alexandre, Deputy head
- Adeline Bodar, Assistant pharmacist
- Aaron Ntinradenkura, Assistant pharmacist
- Ana Perez Arenal, Assistant pharmacist
- Axelle Scarnière, Assistant pharmacist
- Abdelkarim Teyar, Assistant pharmacist
- General pharmaceutical care
- Coralie Deliens, Deputy head
- Véronique Troger, Assistant pharmacist
- Pascale Van Beneden, Assistant pharmacist
- Amber Van Buyten, Assistant pharmacist
- Equipment and technical platforms
- Marie-Valentine Sory, Deputy head
- Sebastien De Rop, Assistant pharmacist
- Clinical studies
- Garance Scolas, Deputy head
- Francesco Genduso, Assistant pharmacist